Updated: July 2018
When I first came across Wealthy Affiliate, I was sceptical… ‘Here we go again, another scheme that promises you the world only to end up more in debt and give more money to the owners.‘
However, I was in for a shock. It was different!
I was sold on the fact that I didn’t need to enter my credit card details AND I could sign up for a free 7-day trial. Who wouldn’t jump to that offer?
I mean how could I go wrong with such an offer? If I didn’t like it, I’ll just exit through the back door. But I didn’t only like it, I loved it and still loving the journey – that’s why I’m writing this review.
I’ve been a member for over a year so this is a true account of the program – not something made up, not guesswork, but my honest testimony of Wealthy Affiliate.
This Wealthy Affiliate Review will show you EXACTLY what the program is all about.
Wealthy Affiliate Overview
Name: Wealthy Affiliate
Level: Beginners and Experts
Who Is It For: Anyone interested in building a business online
Starter Membership: Free
Premium Membership: $19 first month, then $49 per month or $359 per year (Join Here)
Owners: Kyle & Carson
Keyword Research Tool: 10/10
Success Stories: 8/10
Overall GoWorkFromAnywhere Rating:9/10
Starter Membership vs Premium Membership
- 2 FREE websites
- Access to the Get Started Here training (Check out this link for a taster)
- Support 24-7, 365 days
- Live Chat 24-7, 365 days
- Phase 1 of the Affiliate Bootcamp course
- Limited Access to the Jaaxy Tool – See my Review here for membership options
- Support 24-7, 365 days
- You can create up to 25 free websites
- Free hosting for up to 25 of your own websites
- Weekly webinars covering a wide range of topics to help you achieve online success with your business
- 1 on 1 coaching & support from WA’s creators, Kyle & Carson
- Access to 1000’s of training tutorials
- Access to Jaaxy Keyword Research Tool – See my Review here for membership options
- You can create Training Tutorials after 3 months and earn ranking points
- Request comments and Feedback on your site through the SiteComment and SiteFeeback portal
Introduction To Wealthy Affiliate
Wealthy Affiliate is an online training community for budding entrepreneurs. Most people have become full-time Affiliate Marketers but others have become consultants, trainers – starting up their own training companies -, web developers, specialists in SEO and much more.
There are so many different avenues you could venture into with the training you receive at Wealthy Affiliate.
Here are a few of the success stories and directions Wealthy Affiliate members have taken:
As you can see, there are many avenues that the training can take you. It’s not limited. You can be as creative as you want using the training tools and methods to carve out your own online or offline business.
Who Is Wealthy Affiliate For?
Wealthy Affiliate is great for beginners and experts alike.
There are college students, retirees, nurses, teachers, people new to the internet and much more who are now making strides with their online business.
There are a large number of full-time workers also doing this on the side until they earn enough to quit the 9-5. If this is you, don’t be put off and think you can’t work full-time and do this. I do this currently and I’m seeing results so, I won’t be working in a 9-5 for much longer.
The training not only teaches you, but shows you how to build your website, and how to market it in order to have a successful online business so it’s great for:
- People who want financial freedom
- Those who have been scammed by other online platforms and are about to give up
- Anyone who wants to make a decent full-time passive income
- Anyone planning to build a solid online business system from home
- An employee who wants to escape the 9-5 job
Why You Should Join Wealthy Affiliate
If you want to become successful online and not be scammed then you should join Wealthy Affiliate.
The main reasons why I joined Wealthy Affiliate are:
- 800,000+ Active Community Members and its growing
- Provides all forms & levels of internet marketing training
- Simple to follow step-by-step training with tutorials and videos
- I can follow my passion and create something I love
- Earn passive income to enable me to quit the 9-5 job
- Very newbie friendly
- Provides excellent support
- Free to join Join here
- 24-7 online chat
- I can learn how to make money legitimately
- No upsells
Why Wealthy Affiliate May Not Be Your Thing
- You are not willing to invest your time into this program and want quick results. This is a long-term business.
- You prefer a system where you can press a button and start to earn straight away.
Wealthy Affiliate is a training community that is very active with new weekly training videos, new posts, chat and so on. The key to your success is to absorb the training and take action. This means you need to work hard, be committed and dedicated. If this isn’t you, then Wealthy Affiliate may not be the right program for you.
Wealthy Affiliate Training & Tools
There is a wealth of training information and tools.
Over 1000 training modules for all levels of expertise for you to follow.
Every week, on Friday, there is a live training video class that you can participate in through a Question & Answer session. Topics covered vary but they all help you achieve your goal of having a successful online business.
These training videos are recorded so you can watch over and over again at your own convenience. The Training is up-to-date and relevant.
The screenshot shows training at the start of 2018.
The tools included in the member’s area are:
- Jaaxy Keyword Research Tool
- Access to over 2000 website templates/WordPress themes to use to create your website
- SiteRubix website builder to build your WordPress website from within the Wealthy Affiliate platform
- SSL is now INCLUDED! No need to fork out extra money to install SSL, this comes free when you host your site with Wealthy Affiliate!!
- SiteContent – you can use this to write your content
- Register a Domain name
- Dynamically purchase a keyword rich Domain name using the Jaaxy Keyword Research tool
A keyword search tool is a must for any online business.
Wealthy Affiliate knows this so has included the Jaaxy Lite keyword research tool with your Premium membership.
You can upgrade to the Premium or Enterprise versions of Jaaxy at a later date when you want to take your business to the next level. With the Enterprise version, you can spy on your competitors to see how they are doing or you can go deeper with your keyword research.
There are many different types of support offered by Wealthy Affiliate:
- 24/7 Community Support. The community is always buzzing. You can post a question in a classroom area, your profile and other members profile areas and your followers and other community members will be notified that you have just sent a post. If it’s a question, you can flag your post as ‘Ask the members’ and it will be logged as a question. You are sure to get a response.
- Live Chat. You can ask anything you want here and you will receive a response within seconds. It is very active.
- Private 1-on-1 Support. You can email other members privately.
- Access to top-level internet marketers and support. There are Ambasodor statuses of those community members that are contributors, helpers or creators of posts. You will know who they are as they will have ‘Ambassador’ next to their profile. As a Premium member, you can send them a Private message if you have any questions or queries.
Even the owners find time to support you in your achievements – this was a blog post I made:
Here are responses from Kyle – one of the owners of Wealthy Affiliate – and another member of Wealthy Affiliate!!
Affiliate Marketing In A Nutshell
Wealthy Affiliate teaches you how to become a successful Affiliate Marketer.
New to Affiliate Marketing?
Check out the short video below to see the 3 simple steps it takes to start out as an Affiliate Marketer.
Promote Wealthy Affiliate Or Your Own products? Your choice
An affiliate program can earn you some extra money (referral fee or commission) from the sales of products you promote on your site. Some companies pay 50% commission for the referral amount some pay at a much lower rate. Joining an affiliate program is free. Amazon is one of the best-known affiliate merchants. Others include ClickBank, CJ, ShareASale, Affiliate Window and Rakuten Affiliate Network.
For example, you may decide to promote “how to lose weight” – this will come under the health and fitness niche. So you would build a website focused on that niche, get visitors to your site who are interested in this topic and promote products from places like Amazon, ClickBank etc and earn revenue each time a visitor purchases these things from your site.
There are millions of different niches to choose from to earn money.
By having a website with that information on it, you can leverage this and earn money in the process. This is exactly what Wealthy Affiliate will teach you to do, even if you have no prior experience with this stuff. The amount you can make is limitless.
When you join Wealthy Affiliate, you can follow your passion and use this as your starting point to promote your website.
The initial training course will show you how to turn your passion into a full-time online business – Choose an Interest, Build A Website, Attract Visitors and Earn Revenue – these are the FOUR basic steps you need and within Wealthy Affiliate, you are guided on each step with the thorough training, videos, posts and tools.
It starts with your website, and it is going to end with you making money in a whole variety of ways from that website. This can be through the promotion of affiliate programs, ads, or otherwise.
You may decide to promote Wealthy Affiliate instead, through their Bootcamp.
The Wealthy Affiliate Bootcamp
Wealthy Affiliate shows you how to promote their product successfully, through video training and classroom, earning you decent money in referral fees.
Here is the Course Description for the Bootcamp Course:
So you can see that they will even teach you how to promote their own products. Not like most affiliate programs that only give you banners and links and leave the rest up to you.
You also get banners and links too in your own profile area.
Here is what you can earn for referring people to Wealthy Affiliate:
Lucrative Affiliate Marketing Commissions
It’s not only a community where you only learn. Through your learning and helping others, you can take part in their affiliate program by promoting the product and earn commission which is recurring, as long as your referrer remains a member.
If you make 300 referrals in a year, you get an all-expense paid trip to Vegas with the owners Kyle and Carson and the other members who have achieved the threshold of 300 referrals.
Sometimes the owners feel generous and will reduce this number for a shorter period.
In 2017, you only had to make 100 referrals in a 3 month window period to be invited to Vegas.
You may have been discouraged in the past with your make money online journey because of spending large sums of money and seeing no results and feel like giving up, don’t.
You may have been scammed or purchase a handful of products that fail to deliver.
All you need is ONE platform to learn the skills to become successful.
However, you won’t be successful overnight; you will need to work hard, put in a lot of time, be patient and commited – just as you would with a typical brick and mortar business but it will be worth it in the end!
Wealthy Affiliate is without a doubt the best place for developing your online business for many of the reasons I stated above.
I started out with the Starter membership and knew right away that this was the community to be in if I wanted to be successful. With the training and continued learning in this community, I’m now nearer to my goal of leaving the 9-5 and being my own boss.
Through the training at WA, you can earn enough money to:
- Quit your job
- Supplement your current income
- Spend more time with your family
- Do the things you’ve always wanted to do but never had the time and money to do them
I have posted links to success stories above. If you want to read some more reviews, click here before you decide to join.
If you are unsure, try the Starter Membership for free, like I did and go through the training.
There are NO risks and if you don’t like what you see, you can leave, without any obligation. People have done this. So I know it’s not going to be to everyone’s liking. That’s fine.
If you do decide to join as a starter, I will get in touch with you and help you with any questions you may have. You can reach me here.
When you join and become a PREMIUM member within the first 7 days you will not only get a 59% discount on the first month paying only $19 instead of $49, you will also get personal mentoring from me.
In the meantime, if you have ANY questions about The Wealthy Affiliate Platform, please leave a comment and I will get back to you.
Until next time. Take care.